After a long day of sitting at the library, where I wrestled endlessly with a chapter, I came home to a great surprise. My editor, Kate, sent me a finished copy of Tía Isa Wants a Car — my picture book that pubs in June. Thank you Claudio Muñoz for the beautiful, retro art and all of your insights. Thank you Kate for loving this little story. And muchisimas gracias to the real tía Isa who taught me that everyone has the power to get behind her own wheel.
Meg’s Most Popular Recent Posts
- Stop the Madness: Banning Books Is Not the Answer October 30, 2021
- Meg’s 3rd Annual Bookish Gift Guide: 2021 November 14, 2021
- Writing the Bitter Truth: A Convo this Week with Rex Ogle October 3, 2021
- Alzheimer’s Awareness Month and Kids: A Few Ideas to Get Moving on Solutions November 7, 2021
- Mark Your Calendars: Talking Book Bans with Elizabeth Acevedo, Ashley Hope Pérez, and More November 21, 2021
You May Also Like
Author Meg Medina
I'm Meg Medina, author of libros for kids of all ages. I'm the 2019 Newbery medalist for Merci Suárez Changes Gears. I write strong girls, tough circumstances, and the connecting power of culture. Thanks for visiting my blog!