The Girls of Summer 2012 site is live — 18 great summer reads for girls! But here are some shots from a truly magical night under the shady trees of Library Park in Richmond, VA. More than 100 girls, moms, librarians, teachers, and friends gathered for ice cream, book talks, and a chance to meet the fabulous Wendy Shang, author of The Great Wall of Lucy Wu. Thank you to everyone at the Richmond Public Library, to bbgb tales for kids (our bookseller), to Penelope Carrington for filming, and to the Ice Cream Connection for the fantastic refreshments and music!
Meg’s Most Popular Recent Posts
- Stop the Madness: Banning Books Is Not the Answer October 30, 2021
- Meg’s 3rd Annual Bookish Gift Guide: 2021 November 14, 2021
- Alzheimer’s Awareness Month and Kids: A Few Ideas to Get Moving on Solutions November 7, 2021
- Mark Your Calendars: Talking Book Bans with Elizabeth Acevedo, Ashley Hope Pérez, and More November 21, 2021
- A Free Gift for Your Writing Students: Latinx Kidlit Book Festival This Week December 5, 2021
You May Also Like
Author Meg Medina
I'm Meg Medina, author of libros for kids of all ages. I'm the 2019 Newbery medalist for Merci Suárez Changes Gears. I write strong girls, tough circumstances, and the connecting power of culture. Thanks for visiting my blog!